GT1R R35 Line Lock Kit
The GT1R Line Lock Kit is designed to install with the factory ABS pump and once configured in the ECU will allow the front wheels to be locked making RWD burnouts easier. Installation should be performed by a qualified mechanic and the ECU calibration will need to be configured by your tuner in order to ensure proper functionality. The parts list and notes for each is as follows:
(1) Power Relay - This should installed in the driver’s kick panel, and can be mounted a variety of ways in this location. The ground wire should be bolted to a good chassis ground in the area and the short DTM lead mates with the short harness consisting of the jumper fuse and signal wire (2). The longer DTM harness will run through the firewall in the factory hole pictured below, and plug into the line lock solenoids (3).
(2) Signal and Power Connector - The signal wire should be crimped either from a ECU ground trigger, or a button ground trigger. The jumper fuse should come from a switched 12v power source.
(3) Line Lock Assembly - The pair of line lock solenoids come installed on the mounting bracket, terminated with the DTM mating connector, and the brake line fittings installed. The bracket will install in an existing hole on the factory ABS bump bracket, which can be seen below.
(4) Brake Line Fittings - Four brake line fittings are provided, two will be installed on the ABS pump, and two will be installed on the brass distribution blocks found in both front wheel wells. Both locations can be seen below. Please note which lines you are removing from the ABS pump in order to run the new lines to the correct front wheel. As you can see in the picture above, one fitting is on the top of the ABS pump, and one is on the side. Confirm the line being removed from the top runs to the passenger side wheel well distribution block, and remove line entirely. The line on the side should run to the driver side wheel well distribution block, and should be removed. The OEM grommet the brake line passes through from the engine bay to wheel well can be removed and reinstalled on the new lines.
(5) ABS Pump to Line Lock Lines - The two short brake lines are installed between the line lock solenoids and the ABS pump. These lines will install between the ABS pump and the line fittings on the face of the solenoids (same side as Hurst logo). The 90* side on the lines will install on the ABS pump fittings. The fitting installed on the top of the ABS pump will run to the rear line lock solenoid, and the fitting on the side of the ABS pump will run to the front line lock solenoid. You can see the line from the pump to the front solenoid below.
(6) Passenger Side Brake Line - This line will install in place of the factory line that has been removed and installs in the factory clips along the back of the firewall. One end installs on the rear line lock solenoid, and the other ends at the passenger side wheel well distribution block.
(7) Driver Side Brake Line - This line runs from the front line lock solenoid, with the 90* on this end, and ends at the driver side wheel well distribution block.
After all parts have been installed you will need to bleed the brake system and check all fittings for leaks.